Information that you provide
On some pages of the site, you may be asked to send your personal details to enable you to benefit from specific parts (such as the newsletter, tips/suggestions, order processing) or participate in a particular activity. You will be informed which information is required and which information is optional.
We can combine the information that you send in with other information that we have collected about you, both online and offline. We can also combine this with information about you that we have received through other sources, such as Johnson & Johnson operating companies, public information sources (including information from your public profiles op sociale media) and other external parties.
Passively collecting and using information
While you are browsing through a site, certain information can be collected passively (i.e. it is gathered without you actively providing the information) using different technologies and resources, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags and the collection of browsing data.
How we use and disclose information
We use and disclose information that you have given us in the manner explained to you when it is collected.
We also use information from and about you:
- to respond to your questions and to fulfil your requests, such as sending you documents or e-mail alerts that you have asked for;
- to send you important information concerning our relationship with you or concerning the site, to change our conditions and policy and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, inspections, developing new products, improving our website, improving our products and services, identifying the site’s user trends, personalizing your experience on the site by presenting products that suit you and determining the effectiveness of our campaigns.
We also disclose information that is collected via the site to:
- our external service providers who supply services like website hosting and management, hosting mobile applications, data analysis, payment processing, order processing, providing infrastructure, IT services, customer service, e-mail and normal postal services, inspection services and other services to enable them to supply services; and
- an external party in the case of reorganization, merger, sale, joint ventures, assignment, transfer or other assimilation of all or part of our business, assets or shares (including in connection with bankruptcies or comparable proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose the information collected via the site as we see fit or necessary: (a) as far as prevailing legislation permits, including laws outside the country where you live; (b) to comply with the process of law; (c) to comply with requests from public and government bodies, including public and government bodies outside the country where you are living; (d) to uphold our general conditions; (e) to protect our activities or those of our affiliated companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliated companies, you or others; and (g) to enable us to apply available solutions or to minimize loss that we have to contend with. We can also use or disclose information collected via the site in other ways with your consent.
We also use and disclose information that we have collected passively as described above, under “Passively collecting and using information” and for other purposes, except where we are otherwise obliged under the prevailing law (for example, if we must treat such information as being personal details). Furthermore, we can use and disclose information that is not personal for any purpose we desire. If we combine information that is not personal with information that is personal (such as combining your name with your geographic location), we will treat the combined information as personal information while it is combined.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the personal information in our possession. Unfortunately, no 100% safety guarantee can be offered for any data exchange whatsoever over the Internet or for any data storage system. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you think that the security of one of your accounts with us is compromised), please contact us immediately about this problem in accordance with the section “Contacting us” below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices concerning our use and disclosure of your personal information
We offer you choices concerning our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You can choose to opt out of the following:
- Receiving reminders from us: If you prefer to no longer receive [medical] reminders from us, you can opt not to receive them anymore by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. In your reply to us, state your name and e-mail address or telephone number where you receive the reminders from us.
- Sharing your personal details with affiliated companies and external partners:If you prefer us not to share your personal details with our affiliated companies and/or external partners, you can let us know this by contacting us via email@example.com. In your reply to us, state that we may no longer share your personal information with our affiliated companies and/or external partners and give your name and e-mail address.
We try to fulfil your request(s) as quickly as possible. We would point out that, if you withdraw as described above, we will not be in the position to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliated companies with which you have already shared your personal information (i.e. from the date when we processed your request to withdraw). If you opt to no longer receive any marketing-related messages from us, we can still send you important transactional and administrative messages, which you cannot opt not to receive any longer.
How you can gain access to, make changes in or remove your personal information
If you want to view, correct, update or remove the personal information that you have given us via the site, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to fulfil your request as quickly as possible.
USE OF THE SITE BY MINORS
The site is not aimed at persons younger than 18 years and we ask those persons not to provide any Personal Information via this site.
Your personal information can be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers. By using our site or giving us permission (where compulsory by law), you agree to the exchange of information to countries other than the country where you are living, including the United States, which can apply data protection laws differing from those in your own country.
Unless we specifically request or ask for it, we ask you not to disclose any sensitive personal information to us (for example, information relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religion or other convictions, health, criminal background or membership of a trade union) on or via the site or otherwise. In those cases where we ask you to provide us with sensitive information, we do this with your express permission.
0800 93 377